photo Tester1_zps82a20e9d.jpg
 photo homemadam_zpscdca9329.jpg photo aboutmadam_zps9ff31e10.jpg photo contactmadam_zps082b637a.jpg

Pepperoni Cheese Buns

Monday, January 6, 2014

To all of my followers who don't think you can make some killer buns…this is my dear mother's recipe that she has been using since I can remember. I always thought that because she could whip them up with her eyes closed (hardly an exaggeration) the chances of me being able to make them when I got out on my own were slim to none. I mean, bun making is a science! Simply follow these fool proof steps and you will be making buns that will impress in no time at all. 

Mama's Bun Recipe

3 1/2 cups of warm water
1/2 cup of sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of oil
8-10 cups of flour
2 packages of quick-rising yeast

Mix the first five ingredients until blended together. Although the salt should be dissolved at this point, add 2 cups of flour and then 2 packages of yeast (this will lessen the chances of the salt killing the yeast). 
This is the yeast I use. One package is equivalent to 2 1/4 teaspoons. Whether mixing with a handy Kitchen Aid mixer or by hand, continue to add flour until the dough isn't sticky (easy to handle). Once it's ready to rise put it in a large slightly greased bowl, cover with a dish towel, and set aside. 

Pepperoni sticks work wonderfully for these buns - simple cut your sticks in half and then in half again lengthwise. Cut up some cheese and set aside. Margarine two pans. By the time you are done prepping this stuff your dough will be ready. I rolled out a plum size piece of dough and it wrapped up perfectly. I like extra cheese, both in the middle and on the top. Make sure to put your pitched side facing up because most of them will slightly split open and you don't want your cheese to leak out. Cook in the oven for 15-20 at 350° fahrenheit (I took mine out at 18 minutes). I was able to make 45 buns with this recipe. 

Wait till you see how impressed you'll be with yourself after taking a bite of one of these guys. Nothing beats from-scratch buns. 

Be sure to let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment