photo Tester1_zps82a20e9d.jpg
 photo homemadam_zpscdca9329.jpg photo aboutmadam_zps9ff31e10.jpg photo contactmadam_zps082b637a.jpg

Onion & Bacon Pizza (with a creamy sauce)

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Change is good. How about instead of making your regular (and let’s face it…sometimes boring) pizza tonight…you switch it up and try some new flavors instead. Sound good? Good.

My mama is the dough making queen. When it comes to making it I feel that there is some added pressure to make it half as good as she does. When I came across this dough recipe it seemed to easy to mess up.

DOUGH (makes 2 medium thin crust pizzas)

3 cups of flour
2 tsp. of salt
1 ½ tsp. of quick-rising yeast
2 tbsp. of olive oil
1 cup of warm water. I usually end up adding another 2 tbsp of warm water until I get good dough that’s not to hard and not too sticky

Mix dry ingredients together and then add the oil and water. Turn on your oven to 400.

SAUCE

1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper

Blend together until smooth. I use my magic bullet - works like a charm.

TOPPINGS

Bacon. Fry until it’s almost crispy. Cooking it in the oven will finish it off leaving it with the perfect amount of crispiness.
Yellow pepper. Cubed. (not shown in the pictures….I didn’t have any at the time)
1/2 an onion. Sautéed in lots of butter ;)
Sharp cheddar. Of course any cheese will do but I found that this cheese always has such a nice flavor – especially with these ingredients.

As you may notice in the pictures I:
1.) Rolled the dough as thin as I could so I could get a thin crust. Don’t roll out your second pizza until it’s ready to go in the oven otherwise it will rise and you’ll end up with thick crust.
2.) Loaded the sauce on. When I first made this recipe I added as much sauce as I would pizza sauce on the dough but it’s way better if you go nuts with it!
And 3.) Only added a bit of cheese. All of these flavors go so good together so you don’t need to drown it with cheese.

Cook for 15-20 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and viola! Let me know what you think and if you find some other yummy toppings that go good with it. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment