photo Tester1_zps82a20e9d.jpg
 photo homemadam_zpscdca9329.jpg photo aboutmadam_zps9ff31e10.jpg photo contactmadam_zps082b637a.jpg

Taking a Break

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hello! Great news, I finally have my dream camera in my possession. Every time I look at it I feel so lucky and blessed to own something that beautiful, seriously. Don’t even get me started on the sound of the shutter when you take a picture! It makes me think about the very first digital camera my sister and I saved up for when we were young and all of the cameras in between. The Mark III is a big jump from my little Rebel and I can’t wait to get practicing. I’m going to get to view many great memories through this camera.

As Lent has rolled around once more, I have decided to give up all social media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Blogging) as I find myself constantly glued to the computer or my phone. The time away forces a person to break the habit of grabbing your phone and checking what’s going on in the world of social media. Although all of them serve great purposes – finding inspiration, sharing your creative work, staying in touch with friends, etc. – I think it’s very important to decide to pick up a book instead of picking up your phone, sounds easy right? Not so much! And I hate that. Luckily 40 days is just the right amount of time to learn how to step back and enjoy life as it’s happening and to also appreciate social media without abusing it.

I have lots of upcoming sessions between now and Easter that I’m sure I’ll be itching to share with all of you when I get back (hellooooo babies and bellies). Until then, be sure to email me if you have any questions.

Phew, what a rant. Thanks for reading, friends. Take care!

Sincerely, Hope 

No comments:

Post a Comment